Tuesday 4 December 2012

Chesterfield To Leeds Project

My theme in my photography project is "photowalks". I decided to use a journey I do very often which is from my Mums house in Chesterfield, to my Dads house in Leeds. I used my  my Canon SLR for these photographs. A lot of these pictures were taken from my chest because people act differently when they know they're being photographed. 


Taken from my chest so the people in the picture didn't know they were being photographed, I had no idea what this photo was going to look like but I really like the composition of it. 


I took this with the "night portrait" setting. It was starting to get dark outside so I had to make the ISO around 1600 which was making the photos grainy and the lights didn't show up as bright as I hoped so I used this setting. It uses flash but only seems to brighten the areas you want to be vibrant which I really liked. 



I used a shutter speed of 15 seconds for this photograph. It would have looked better if there were more cars on the motorway as some lanes are empty. I am going to try this again in a busier place. 


I used the "night portrait" setting again for this photograph. I really liked how it showed all the colours of the sunset. I then edited the contrast in photo shop to make the buildings silhouettes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment