Tuesday 4 December 2012

Photography Course November 27th

I paid to go on a day long photography course in Bakewell. It was a beginners course so a lot of the things we learnt were things I already knew but it was good to refresh my memory. We went out into Bakewell to two locations, one was a public garden and the other was near the bridge in Bakewell. The task was to take pictures using different apertures to see the difference that they make. I used a large aperture (F.3.5) for most of these photographs as I liked the blur in the background and the sharp focus on the subject.

We then went to the bridge and used shutter speed priority to capture the numerous birds there as they are flying. It was difficult to get the exact moment right and because it was a dull day, I couldn't use a very fast shutter speed because it made the photograph quite dark. I put the ISO to 1600 to get lighter images with fast shutter speeds but this made the photographs have a lot of "noise".

As a last resort I tried to take photographs of the birds with flash. This worked perfectly and captured the bird a lot stiller than it would without flash. The only thing with using flash that didnt make the photograph look as good was how bright they are, so when I got home I edited the bright photographs in photoshop.
I really like how they turned out, especially the flying pigeon.

The photographer that runs this course then asked me if I would like to help her do a wedding shoot next month, so I have my first photography job!







No comments:

Post a Comment